22 December 2010

Little Black Lace

If you're like me and love the show Fashion Police you'll know what I mean when I talk about their section 'Gotta have it or make it stop' where they discuss if current trends are hot or not (by the way if you don't watch the show, get on it!). This week the hosts discussed lace and it seems they all agreed that it's great when done in the right way but some just don't understand how to make it classy and hot rather than trashy or old lady.
They agreed that the romantic looking lace is lovely and definitely a must, however skanky and tacky lace is a no no.




If you don't have channel E then check out the article on lace on their website here. The good part about the show is unlike other US shows that air down here months later...we get it hours after it's on!


We saw lace quite a bit throughout this year and I have a few lace dresses I bought myself months ago, however it seems lace isn't leaving us anytime soon since a lot of designers have included it in recent collections as well as celebs working the look (and some not working).


Emma Watson in Rafael Lopez at the Harry Potter and the deathly hallows part one premiere

I think she looks great and the look would of been completely different on another person. Having the bra showing wouldn't of worked with someone with double Ds because they would of looked far more trashy than elegant like Emma. Plus she has the short hair now...so I think she needs to have sexier looks like this so she doesn't look butch.


Kirsten Dunst in Valentino at the All Good Things premiere
I'm not really feeling this look on her..I don't know if it's the sleeves or the top worn underneath but it looks too old on her. I understand she didn't want her boobs hanging out like they had on the runway..but couldn't she of just picked another dress from his collection?

Here's the look when it was on the runway for Valentino Spring 2011 ready to wear collection, the whole collection can be viewed here.

Valentinos Spring 2011 RTW collection was filled with lace dresses. One of which, Jessica Alba recently wore to the Trevor Live Event.

Jessica Alba is looking sweet in look 25 of the collection. I'm glad she didn't wear tights with this one...she needs to show a little skin.. and I'm sure Justin Long agrees.

The same look on the runway




 Stella McCartney's resort 2011 collection includes various lace looks. A few are shown below.



This is my favourite look from the collection. It looks more youthful and fun, I love the colour and the one shoulder. 







Me in a black lace dress I bought around June/July...seems l might still be able to get away with wearing it.

worn with sportsgirl necklace and bracelets


Sportsgirl Deco lace dress $149.95

I love that this lace makes such a statement since it's so bold compared to the usual floral lace.

Valleygirl lace frilled dress $14.95



Dotti Vixen lace stripe top $39.95

If you don't feel like wearing black lace, here's a couple of options


Sportsgirl lace jacket $89.95

Valleygirl lace sleeveless top $9.95
White lace gives a romantic look which is great for summertime.

6 comments:

  1. I've always been a fan of lace since as long as I can remember. I think I even first wore one when I was in year 7 hahaha..and I remember some people call me granny -_______-
    love your lace dress! just the appropriate amount of sheerness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man I love that section of the show - can't say I always agree with them though!

    You look gorgeous in that lace dress, I can't wait to wear more lace this summer

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks girls! :)
    haha yeah I don't always agree with them but it's always interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can never get enough lace these picks are superb !

    ReplyDelete
  5. thankyou all :)
    please follow me lol i need followers since i havnt been around long. I'll follow you all back :)

    ReplyDelete

thankyou to everyone who takes time to read or comment.
I always appreciate the love! x