18 March 2012

Chadstone Runway

On Wednesday as part of LMFF, the fashion capital held one of their great VIP days with lots of special offers. The night included two runway parades showcasing various brands from Chadstone which I happily sat to watch after spending hours working and shopping. I think all up I spent around 11 hours at Chadstone!

Key trends from the two runway shows.

Bold prints

 1) Camilla and Marc dress, Tony Bianco from Santini shoes 2) Romance was Born from David Jones dress 3) Thurley dress, Aldo shoes 4) Nicola Finetti from Myer dress, Aldo shoes 5) Country Road dress, Steve Madden shoes

I love the Camilla and Marc kinda fruity/floral shift dress, the same print as the one from my last post at LMFF opening night runway. I also mentioned in that post I loved the Romance was Born collection which included this second dress pictured. Prints like this work great with blocks of colour, for the runway show the prints were paired with bright coloured coats, clutches, shoes, even a touch of bright lipstick or nails can finish the look. Continue reading to see these looks.


Blocks of colour

1) Calvin Klein outfit, Aldo shoes 2) Calvin Klein dress, Aldo shoes 3) Calvin Klein outfit, Aldo shoes

Colour blocking has been everywhere over Summer and it seems it's here to stay for Autumn/Winter.

Bold prints + Blocks of colour

1) Thurley outfit, Aldo shoes 2) Megan Park from Myer, Steve Madden shoes

I'm absolutely loving the bright coloured coats for this winter. I've recently bought two gorgeous coats, in red and teal. I'll do an outfit post with them soon!

If you prefer coats in timeless black or brown, they also showed quite a few but with modern touches like leather and zip details.

More Coats + Capes

1) Arthur Galan AG outfit, Wittner shoes 2) Karen Millen outfit, Wittner shoes 3) Witchery outfit, Wittner shoes 4) Lisa Ho outfit and shoes 5) Thurley outfit, Aldo shoes


Embellishment

1) Thurley dress, Aldo shoes 2) Thurley skirt, Aldo shoes 3) Forever New dress and shoes 4) Thurley dress, Aldo shoes
 
The perfect party dresses have sequins! This last dress by Thurley was one of my favourite looks of the night. The photo does it no justice.

Boho luxe

 1) Decjuba outfit, Lisa Ho shoes 2) Jigsaw outfit, Steve Madden shoes 3) Forever New outfit and shoes 4) Thurley outfit, Siren shoes

When I hear boho luxe I think..Nicole Richie or Rachel Zoe. 70's inspired with vests, feathers, flowy printed maxi skirts and dresses.

Half way through the first show my camera battery ran out... so I used my friends iphone for the other photographs. I'm sorry about the quality of most of these but I thought it's better than no pictures at all.

With the amazing Alice from Catwalk of Words. A fellow Sportsgirl who happens to also be the official LMFF fashion blogger for Chadstone. You can check out her blog here or her posts for LMFF on the Chadstone website.

Runway A
 

Runway B

7 comments:

  1. wow looks really cool! wish i was in merbourne!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing. xoxo.

    almostfashioon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovee this!!! Hehe I feel kind of famous being on your blog :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great photos!
    I really love your blog dear, keep posting!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I see some great pieces here! love all the prints! Thank you for sharing :)))

    XoXo
    Plami

    http://www.fashionthrill.com/

    ReplyDelete

thankyou to everyone who takes time to read or comment.
I always appreciate the love! x