7 November 2011

Vintage Floral

My two favourite things, 50s silhouettes and vintage inspired floral prints. If a dress looks like it could have once been curtains, chances are I'll love it.

This is one of my current work outfits, so it's Sportsgirl of course.

wearing- Sportsgirl Gemma 50s dress $99.95, cafe society belt $16.95,
Betts nude heels



mix of sportsgirl bracelets, old sportsgirl flower ring, lucky star nails $7.95, fuchsia lipstick $9.95


The large floral print on white reminds me of the dress Marilyn wore for a scene in her last film 'Something's got to give' in 1962, which was left unfinished. They also both have a higher neckline with a v in the back.


For those of you that love her as much as me, here's the scene with the dress.

17 comments:

  1. Hi, your blog is inspiring! You are a very interesting person. I will follow you!
    xoxo

    http://nikandpic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahaha. laughed out loud at the curtains comment. love this dress. you look darling. thanks for sharing love. I've got a new outfit post. If you get a sec, I'd love to hear what you think. xo

    www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh, lovely look! This silhouette looks amazing on you ;)

    XX,
    Miranda

    thechicsheet.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. This dress is so beautiful! I love it!

    XoXo
    Plami

    http://www.fashionthrill.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. you look fabulous in the dress girl! You look girly and vintage chic! I love the accessories too, yup, I love curtain material too, but I'm not sure it can look as fabulous on me though. The MM picture is gorgeous, I love the back of the dress, she is so timeless.

    mongs
    mythriftycloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice dress ! And love the hair-style ! :D
    kisses xx



    mfashionmyobsession.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. omg! love your hair!

    www.aroundlucia.com
    www.aroundlucia.com
    www.aroundlucia.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. gorgeous! You look amazing :) nice dress! I'm following

    Check my blog and follow me if you like :)

    xx

    www.sickbytrend.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. love your blog! gorgeous dress!

    -Carol
    http://declarationofcaptivation.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. lovely dress, looks so pretty on you!

    fashionableroad.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. gorgeous outfit!
    now a follower of your lovely blog :)
    xx

    share the love? aestheticjungle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loving this floral print dress! You look absolutely gorgeous. Loving your blog, I'm following. Hope to hear from you soon!

    -Ellie

    ReplyDelete

thankyou to everyone who takes time to read or comment.
I always appreciate the love! x